Tuesday, September 18, 2007

When it rains it pours

Wow, 2 blog posts from me within a week of each other - the devil may be breaking out his winter coat ;)

As I mentioned in my last post - I have 6 vehicles... One would think that would be enough chances to have working, legal transportation, right?

Well, the cop car's transmission decided to go belly up over the weekend - it slips in 3rd gear and won't go into overdrive or reverse (the reverse problem makes for interesting parking!). Repairing the transmission would cost more than I paid for the car 4 years ago, so it may be time to let her go - car #1 down.

The miata developed a bad coolant leak - it sprays out from somewhere behind the engine at high RPM - there's one gasket I am going to try to replace and hope that's the problem, otherwise its the headgasket, which is a major job, and I may just swap the engine if that's the problem - car #2 down.

The jag has a check engine light calling out the o2 sensor, which is a pricey part, and my debug says it may not even be the problem, so I've been trying to read up and figure that one out... in the mean time, I'm not comfortable driving it around with the CEL on and the inspection has also expired - car #3 down.

The vette sprang a coolant leak from the thermostat housing this weekend and it also doesn't have a horn or blinkers, so its not inspected yet either - car #4 down.

The stang doesn't have a working parking break so its not inspected either, so technically shouldn't drive it either...and the battery needs charging - car #5 down.

The Harley works fine, but I need to get it re-inspected to make it legal, so technically vehicle #6 is down as well!

What does all this tell me? ... I need another car to increase my odds of having one that works ;)

4 Comments:

At 9/18/2007 3:34 PM, Blogger Chad said...

ROFLMAO

 
At 9/19/2007 7:59 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

If you really think this means you should buy another vehicle (without selling one of the broken ones) you have the most bulky hoarding problem I've ever seen.

 
At 9/19/2007 8:25 PM, Blogger Jerry Centanni said...

Ha - I do have a bit of a hoarding problem, I'll admit... but I do plan on selling one or two of them, and probably getting a newer daily driver... definately keeping the miata, vette, and harley - the rest are up in the air...

 
At 9/23/2007 7:17 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

That seems like a reasonable compromise.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home