Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Eating Solo

As some of you may or may not know, I've got this semi-phobia, or rather just strong aversion to eating in public by myself - it just feels weird and I think people would look at me funny, like "what's wrong with this guy - he doesn't have any friends who would eat with him?" or something like that... Well, while I was in Germany, the hotel I stayed at had a full breakfast every morning, and most mornings I'd meet Yuen down there, so I had someone to eat with, but some mornings I was late and he'd already have left, but I managed to fool myself into eating alone, kinda thinking that he'd eventually show up. So baby steps. And I just managed to convince myself to eat some Popeye's in the Atlanta airport, as I had a 4 hour layover and was really hungry. So another baby step...just thought I'd share my small personal triumph.

3 Comments:

At 9/27/2005 4:58 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Yay, Jerry!

I find a key for me to eat alone is to keep myself entertained. Bring a book or my planner or something to read.

 
At 9/28/2005 9:25 AM, Blogger The Movie Guys said...

Yeah, I stopped caring about what people thought of me if I ate alone a long time ago.

However, Carrie is right. Bring a book or something else to do and it will give the appearance that you are someone who is CHOOSING solitude so you can accomplish work or quiet reading, as opposed to someone who has no friends.

Fritz

 
At 10/08/2005 9:51 PM, Blogger Clare said...

Eating alone can be difficult, until you look around and realize that there are other people eating alone, too! I try to people watch as much as possible, and embrace the "me time" that so many other people miss out on.

Let's hope you never have to perfect that skill! ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home