Friday, September 23, 2005

...Through the woods...

9/22 - I went with the department I'm working for while I'm over here on their annual Department Hike. The entire department took off at 1pm and met in the small town of Unterjesingen, about 30 minutes away and we proceeded to hike about 4 miles through the hills/mountains to a small castle that has a biergarten in its courtyard. Pretty intense uphill hike for my out of shape ass. Now, I was originally told we would hike there, then walk a short distance to the next town and take the train back to our cars - guess that got lost in translation somewhere. So after 3 beers, a nice lunch, and sitting there for 3+ hours in the sun (beautiful day, btw - clear, sunny, in the high 50's), we hiked back a different way, where we descended very steeply at first, then the rest was uphill, which meant we basically hiked uphill, both ways. And now as I write this, I think I hurt myself somehow - my left calf muscle hurts like a !@#$&. Anyway, enough whining - today just really made me realize I need to get back into a regular exercise routine. Later tonight, Yuen and I went to this little Italian Pizza place, where I ate quite possibly the best calzone of my life, and the one interesting ingredient worth mentioning was a sliced boiled egg.

1 Comments:

At 9/23/2005 10:10 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I've been telling you you needed new tennis shoes for months! Once they start to break down, they really don't do a whole lot to support your feet. New shoes do a lot to help prevent lower leg pain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home