Monday, September 12, 2005

Weekend = European Vacation

9/9 - Not much exciting at work today - met up with Yuen, Joern, and this Russian guy who I can't remember his name who's working here at the Schonbuch Biergarten for drinks after work. I decided to try some rather interesting drink combinations after my normal Hefeweizen - I had a Bannana-Weizen, a Radler (half beer, half lemon soda), a Radler-Weizen, and a Cola-Weizen. I ended the night with a shot of peach schnapps. All tasty - and laid the path for a wonderful night's sleep! Pics here. (login:jerrycentanni pw:jerry)

9/10 - Yuen and I hit the road to Nuremberg, famous for the Nazi trials after WWII, but the building where the trials were held was basically non-descript - we weren't even sure we were at the right place, but the GPS told us we had arrived. The Kaiserurg Castle, however, was pretty cool. We wandered around in the rain, went in the castle's museum, had some pretzles and Nuremberg-style bratworst for lunch, walked around the city, then headed home. We ate dinner back in Boeblingen at the Schiller, where I had a Argentinian Steak, a glass or Rotwein (red wine), and some apple strudel with vanilla ice cream for desert - yummy. Pics here.

9/11 - Another day trip in the BMW - did I mention I have a BMW convertible as my rental car this time? Man is it sweet - that little diesel engine was still pulling at 225kmph when I had to slow down for traffic (yes thats 140mph! - officially faster than I ever went in my Corvette!) Anywho, we headed to a very cool town a little less than 2 hours away called Rothenburg ob der Tauber. Its known as the best preserved midieval city in Germany. Yuen and I walked around entire city on the fortification wall - arrow slits and all! We went to the KriminalMuseum where they had many remains of medieval torture devices as well as law and order documents, etc - kinda scary, but cool at the same time. We climed to the top of the tower in the Rothaus (Town Hall), for a great view of the city and coutryside - they used to lookout from here for enemies approaching. This is also the city where you can find Christmas stuff year round at the Weihnachtsmuseum (Christmas store/museum) - pretty crazy. Pics here.

We headed back to Stuttgart around dinnertime for the annual Stuttgart Wine Festival and had several glasses of wine (one red, one rose, and one white), along with a brat-on-a-bun, a waffle, apple strudel, and a pretzel - healthy evening. Pics here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home