Thursday, August 11, 2005

Germany Take 2

8/11 - Another slow day at work - I'm realizing I really don't learn well by reading - its not as much of a comprehension thing as it is a short attention span and the inability to ask a document a question that I want the answer to right now. Its frustrating because the guys with the answers are right next to me, but they're very busy until next week, so I guess I'll just keep plowing through documentation and presentations until then.

I forgot to mention this about last night - we learned that its quite uncommon for a guy to buy a girl or girls some drinks from afar... One of the guys I was with tried this and there was quite a bit of confusion, some funny looks, but it did end with a very happy "Thank You" from both of them girls as they were leaving... Much funnier in person - guess ya had to be there.

Had some more Schnitzel for dinner - Cordon Bleu Schnitzel - a joining of cultures, I guess, with a glass of riesling wine. On a related note, I still can't get used to this "water with gas" - if I wanted something carbonated, I'd get a coke, people!

1 Comments:

At 9/18/2005 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah the seriously carbonated water in germany is crazy!i guess they probably think we're weird when they come here and find that our water isn't like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home