Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Brats, Czechs, Thai, and Italians

8/15 - Finally had me a bratwurst today for lunch - yum - and the mayonnaise with the potato wedges is starting to grow on me. Got out of work late - had a meeting with Austin guys to review some designs - learned a bit, so it was worth it. On my way back to my hotel room, I was accosted in the hallway by two drunk Czech guys who wanted me to come party and drink with them. Turns out they were from IBM too and had just arrived earlier that day. I was only able to get past them and make it to my room after taking a shot from the bottle they had of this spiced rum type alcohol and assuring them we'd party at some point. I ended up meeting up with Kevin and Yuen at a Thai restaurant for dinner - had a Hefeweizen Crystal (a clear hefeweizen - weird!) and some Thai noodles, then wandering the streets and stopping at a "Italian style" cafe'/bar for a glass of wine. We were sitting outside for a while and the cute Italian bartender came outside to bring us a free digestif shot. She didn't speak English, so with the help of one of her friends inside, she asked us to go out to a "disco" in Stuttgart with her (akin to clubbing in the US, I presume). We were exhausted, but after many hand gestures and a few drawings on her notepad, we made plans to meet up with her and some of her friends Wednesday night to go out - this should be interesting!

2 Comments:

At 8/16/2005 7:54 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

The crystal is good.

We started collecting the coasters with the names of the different beers on them when we were in Germany. It was a fun way to keep track of the beers.

Was the waitress speaking Italian or German? If it was Italian, I could try to go sneak into the bathroom at Carraba's and learn all you need to know about how to say "I think we should go to a disco" and "Boy, can I ever dance" in Italian.

 
At 8/16/2005 8:40 AM, Blogger Chad said...

Drinking random shots from Czech guys in the hallway? Making plans with a non-English speaking waitress to go to a disco? Drinking beer? Who they hell are you and what did you do with Jerry?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home